directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Qing, Hai (Paul PSW CMS R&D)" <hai.q...@hpe.com>
Subject RE: thread leak when do these operations:ADD,DELETE,MODIFY,MOVE,RENAME,MOVE_AND_RENAME
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 02:13:28 GMT
Hi sir,
The attachment files were I revised. Please reference it.

Thanks,
Hai

From: Qing, Hai (Paul PSW CMS R&D)
Sent: 2017年4月19日 10:08
To: 'dev@directory.apache.org' <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: thread leak when do these operations:ADD,DELETE,MODIFY,MOVE,RENAME,MOVE_AND_RENAME

Hi Sir,
I think there is a bug in the Apacheds server when did following operation:
ADD,DELETE,MODIFY,MOVE,RENAME,MOVE_AND_RENAME

These operation will cause thread leak. I checked the code. The interceptor’s API has destroy
method. However, the EventInterceptor didn’t override that method. I think it should add
method in the event interceptor,Like following:
    @Override
    public void destroy(){
       executor.shutdown();
}

It should call interceptor’s destroy method in the DefaultDirectoryService’ shutdown method.
such as:
public synchronized void shutdown() throws Exception
{
…………………………….

this.destoryInteceptors();
}

private void destoryInteceptors(){
for ( Interceptor interceptor : interceptors )
     interceptor. destroy();
}
}

Thanks,