directory-dev mailing list archives

From SHAWN E SMITH <se...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Wink project terminated
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2017 18:11:32 GMT
If the lawyers ever finish the paperwork.....

"The programmer … works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff.
He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination."
— Fred Brooks

Shawn Smith
Director of Software Engineering
Enterprise Infrastructure and Operations
Penn State University
814-321-5227
ses44@psu.edu

https://keybase.io/ussmith

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Seelmann" <mail@stefan-seelmann.de>
To: "Apache Directory Developers List" <dev@directory.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 2:10:14 PM
Subject: Re: Wink project terminated

On 04/24/2017 12:26 AM, Steve Moyer wrote:
> I don't know the current state of the various Apache Directory projects but if memory
serves me the Escimo and Fortress-UI projects both use Wink.  Those of us at Penn State have
reasonably extensive experience with RESTEasy if that's the direction chosen.

As far as I see, Fortress is not using Wink, only Wicket UI framework in
fortress-web and CXF as JAX-RS implementation in fortress-rest, but
Shawn knows better.

And Escimo should anyway be replaced by SCIMple, right? ;-)

Kind Regards,
Stefan