directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: R: R: R: Password policy retrieving problem
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 12:07:40 GMT

Le 03/04/2017 à 12:13, Maiorano Pasquale a écrit :
> My needs are the following:
> I do not have to set the psw policy by code. I set them by means of the directory studio.
The psw policy are overall, valid for any entry. If the client sw  tries  to connect a user
with a psw, and the if I have set the psw policy as stated in the annexed image, the LDAP
API raise an excpetion if, for instance, the psw is being expired?

The thing is : users don't set PP, they are subject to it. What will
happen is that if an application is trying to bind on the LDAP server
with the user credentials, and if the user's password has expired, then
the bind will fail and a control will contain the cause of the failure.
It's now up to the application to deal with this failure and control.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org