directory-dev mailing list archives

From Maiorano Pasquale <pasquale.maior...@leonardocompany.com>
Subject R: Password policy retrieving problem
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2017 16:02:02 GMT

may result in civil and criminal liability. “
This e-mail has legal value according to the applicable laws only if it is digitally signed
by the sender
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Inviato: venerdì 31 marzo 2017 17:48
A: Apache Directory Developers List
Oggetto: Re: Password policy retrieving problem

Le 31/03/2017 à 13:23, Maiorano Pasquale a écrit :
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I am using unboundid Library to connect to the ApacheDS.

I suggest you switch to teh Apache LDAP API (http://directory.apache.org/api/). It's the one
we are developping, it comes with a full AL 2.0 license, and there is no such thing as a "commercial
edition".

> I am trying to retrieve the password policy. Unfortunately I am not able to retrieve
neither the time remaing to the password expiration nor the grace attempt remaining after
the password expiration.

Those informations are operational attributes that need to be requested by their name (or
using the meta '+' attribute in your sarch request).

Now, not having your code, it's hard to tell what's wrong with your request. We would also
need to know about your confguraion (and, no, sending an image will not work, as attachements
are automatically removed from mails send to Apache, to avoid being poluted by malwares).

>  I am able to catch both the alarm related to the acount locked and the the password
expored.
> Have you got any ideas related to the flag tha i have to set in the password policy?

Send us a copy of the passwordPolicy configuration in a LDIF format.

Thanks !

--

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com