directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Referring to Snapshot version of the API/ApacheDS + Some other things
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 02:24:03 GMT

Le 13/03/2017 à 23:23, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 03/13/2017 09:43 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> On 03/13/2017 10:53 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> Stefan, for the record, I changed the pom files to point to SNAPSHOT of
>>> the API and ApacheDS libraries. I don't know if it's a problem per se,
>>> but it allowed me to use some of the changes I have introduced this
>>> week-end in the API. If needed, I can start to cut a release of thos lib
>>> and move back to a released version soon.
>> No need, we can work with the snapshot versions for a while. Only thing
>> to consider is that Tycho caches the snapshot version in
>> ~/.m2/repository/.p2, so if you do furhter changes in the API make sure
>> to clean that cache.
>>
>>> Otherwise, I have applied the workaround in the entry editor : you can
>>> now edit a Boolean value and the editor does not freeze on mac. This is
>>> a bit of a hack, as I'm injecting a 'TRUE' value as a default value. It
>>> works, and teh value is not really applied in the entry, until you
>>> validate it (it appears in red in the editor).
> Hm, seems there is a bigger problem: Now (at least on Linux) the boolean
> value editor always shows "TRUE". When I edit and enter "FALSE" I see in
> modification logs that it sends "FALSE" to the server, but in the entry
> editor it always shows "TRUE". I can also enter garbage like "fjdsafads"
> which then results in "TRUE".

Yes, that's also true on Mac. This is due to some change I have made.

I'm digging the issue.

This part is really tricky, because we use a in place editor, which has
very limited specific parts, most is imported from the parent classes.
Its also hard to debug, because events are cleared when you switch to
the debugger...

Anyway, time to get some sleep (3am here). Will check tomorrow evening.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org