directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [API] 30 seconds connect timeout
Date Sun, 26 Mar 2017 07:15:57 GMT
On 03/26/2017 04:37 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:

> Le 25/03/2017 à 23:42, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just noticed that some Studio tests that connect to invalid hostname
>> or port fail. Reason is that in latest LDAP API trunk
>> (1.0.0-RC3-SNAPSHOT) which is now used in Studio, the timeout (by
>> default 30 seconds) seems to be also applied in case of invalid hostname
>> and/or port, but by default the Studio tests timeout after 5 seconds.
> I think this is specific to Studio. The default timeout is 30 seconds.
> This is configurable, and can be set to something lower if needed.
>>
>> The tests "testConnectionWrongHost" and "testConnectionWrongPort" in
>> "LdapConnectionTest" also take 30 seconds now.
>>
>> Is that intended behaviour?
> This is the default since pretty much the beginning.

I'm pretty sure it was different with 1.0.0-RC2. If the API was not able
to connect because of invalid hostname (xyz cannot be resolved) or port
(connection refused) it immediately threw an exception, even if the
default timeout of 30 seconds was set.

> Is that a problem ?

No, I just increased the test timeout in Studio.

Kind Regards,
Stefan