directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Studio] Referring to Snapshot version of the API/ApacheDS + Some other things
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 09:53:43 GMT
Hi,

Stefan, for the record, I changed the pom files to point to SNAPSHOT of
the API and ApacheDS libraries. I don't know if it's a problem per se,
but it allowed me to use some of the changes I have introduced this
week-end in the API. If needed, I can start to cut a release of thos lib
and move back to a released version soon.

Otherwise, I have applied the workaround in the entry editor : you can
now edit a Boolean value and the editor does not freeze on mac. This is
a bit of a hack, as I'm injecting a 'TRUE' value as a default value. It
works, and teh value is not really applied in the entry, until you
validate it (it appears in red in the editor).

This workaround is not perfect, and I discovered another issue : you
can't inject a null value in, say, a 'dc' or a 'email' - which allows
such null values -. It won't be sent to the server. I don't see easy way
to deal with that at the moment, without having to refactor extensively
the editor. I was expecting to be able to use teh LdapSyntax to verify
if a null value is acceptable, but we can't, as we have no guarantee to
have access to this LdapSyntax for every LdapServer we are connected to.
So bottom lie, teh only way is to assume we can have a null value,
unless we *know* we can't (like, if the LdapSyntax is available). We
could also define a default list of AT that accept null values...

Anyway, this is not that frequent, and we can live with such a
limitation, as soon as we know it exists...

Just let me know if you have some toughts about this problem.

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com