directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS/API/Mavibot/Fortress/Kerby/Escimo switch to Java 8 was Re: [Studio] Java 8
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 15:57:03 GMT
+1

Upgrading to a newer version (whether that is the actual product, or one of
the underlying components - java in this case) always adds concerns/risks
to the existing adopter/user.

We can only help minimising that risk with explanations on our MLs and in
our documentation. We have to keep in mind that our trunks are volatile
environments and the code there is not intended to be used in production
environments/implementation/situations (we have our releases for that). So
I advise not to go the jkd7 route as this would mean an extra workload on
the community (building/testing/addressing issues/etc.).

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services