directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS/API/Mavibot/Fortress/Kerby/Escimo switch to Java 8 was Re: [Studio] Java 8
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2017 19:47:27 GMT

Le 13/02/2017 à 16:57, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> +1
>
> Upgrading to a newer version (whether that is the actual product, or one of
> the underlying components - java in this case) always adds concerns/risks
> to the existing adopter/user.

The real problem is with users that depend on old versions of Java. This
happens : sometime, you simply can't change it on embedded devices, or
on production.

However, witha  2 years old EOL, I think the risk is very limited, and
is balanced by the fact the JVM is not anymore publicaly supported for
now 2 years.

Thanks Oracle for that :/

Studio is very different : it works on a client computer, which is
frequently updated anyway.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com