directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on ApacheDS backup/restore
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 07:19:23 GMT
Hi Harish,

I have created a page on teh basic user guide for backup/restore :

http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/1.6-backup-restore.html

This is pretty minimal, feel free to ask if you need more informations
(on the user mailing list)

Thanks !

Le 16/12/16 à 17:13, Sathyanarayan, Harish a écrit :
> Emmanuel, sorry for posting incorrectly.  Will refer the correct mailing list.

  Please suggest ...Thanks
> This question should be posted on the users mailing list. Dev list is for question related
to the ApacheDS development.

> Using the correct mailing list is important :
> - users questions are noise on a dev mailing list
> - they are less likely to be answered, leaving you with no response
> - there are way less people on the dev list, you may not get a quick answer
>
> But even more important :
> - any question you ask on the users mailing list will benefit to all the users asking
the same question
> - and any answer you get wil also benefit to all users having the same problem or same
question.

> Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to lecture you, but it's critical to uderstand how
mailing lists are working.

> Please have a look at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> That being said, there is a page on the directory web site that is
> *supposed* to explain how to backup and restore data in ApacheDS :
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/3.6-backup-restore.html
>
> Sadly, it's empty, and we should complete it, something I will do asap.
> Hopefully, it will gives you all the informations you need :-) Thanks !
>
> --
> Emmanuel Lecharny
>
> Symas.com
> directory.apache.org
>
> The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be privileged and
confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting the email
and its attachments from all computers without copying or disclosing it.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org