directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Result, was: [VOTE] Apache Fortress 2.0.0-RC1 release
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2016 17:10:28 GMT
Hello,

I’m closing this vote with 3 binding in favor (Emmanuel, Stefan, me) and one non-binding
vote from Chris.

It’s should be noted there are some problems identified by Emmanuel, that need fixing.
In particular the instructions for testing releases. No excuse for someone needing to burn
3 hours to perform a full test of a release.  15 minutes sounds about right.

I also believe there should be instructions for performing the release itself.  So that others
could perform a fortress release in my absence (the bus factor).

Perhaps these docs should be present before any 2.0 GA

But it’s also important to make note of everything accomplished.  There’s been a lot of
progress in the last two years, which has made the move to the apache directory project well
worth it.

Shawn