directory-dev mailing list archives

From SHAWN E SMITH <se...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Who's @apachecon in seville?
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2016 22:27:48 GMT
As appealing as Seville sounds in the rainy 38 degree Fahrenheit Belgium weather, it might
be a hard sell to my boss to take another week in Europe.  Miami sounds good.  I've been putting
a presentation together that shows an end to end identity solution using the Apache directory
tools.  Maybe others would like to contribute?

"The programmer … works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff.
He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination."
— Fred Brooks

Shawn Smith
Director of Software Engineering
Enterprise Infrastructure and Operations
Penn State University
814-321-5227
ses44@psu.edu

https://keybase.io/ussmith

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: "Apache Directory Developers List" <dev@directory.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 6, 2016 9:43:12 AM
Subject: Re: Who's @apachecon in seville?

> On Nov 5, 2016, at 6:55 PM, SHAWN E SMITH psu.edu> wrote:
>
> If anyone's at devoxx Belgium this week I'd love to say hi. Putting faces to names is
alway a really cool experience (though my face may break the pattern).

Yeah I can attest to that face breaking patterns.  ;-)

Devoxx in Belgium eh?  Seems like you need to extend the stay by one week and head down to
Seville.  You realize your apache committer status gets you in the door with a heavy discount?

This spring is apachecon in Miami.  Might be a good opportunity to present about the penn
state projects, e.g. scimple, poor man’s abac, arbac improvements, etc…

Arshawn