directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Studio release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2016 23:38:32 GMT

Le 02/11/16 à 00:10, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :

>> Le 31/10/16 à 17:28, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> now that API 1.0.0-RC2 is released I want to do a Studio release.
>>>
>>> I integrated the creation of the installers into the Maven build
>>> (Windows done, macOS should be done today).
>>>
>>> Is there a plan to do a release of ApacheDS first that should be
>>> included in Studio? Otherwise I'll start the release build tomorrow.
>> There is nothing significant in ApacheDS that requires a release, except
>> LDAP API 1.0.0-RC2, but I think it's not critical for Studio.
>>
>> At this point, I would say : go for it. This release was expected for a
>> long time, and we really blown it last qarter...
>>

> Release build and generation of installers went fine. The installers are
> already at [1], feel free to test them. I'll cleanup Jira and send out
> the vote mail tomorrow.

I installed the new version all works fine (beside the initial error on
Mac, due to the lack of standard JVM setup).

We will need to add the instruction on the web site : the user may have
to change the
/Applications/ApacheDirectoryStudio.app/Contents/Info.plist file to
point to a valid JDK on its machine. This is a bit painful, but I don't
think we can easily get it fixed.

Many thanks, Stefan, great job !