directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP API random test failures...
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 08:11:32 GMT
Hi,

while trying to cut the LDAP API release, I get some test failures from
time to time. I suspect that its due to the concurrent tests we are
running. This is annoying...

Here, we have two options :

- stop using those concurent tests - which will slow down the build

- fix those random failures

The second option is clearly the best, but s it's random and quite rare,
it's difficult to reproduce and then to debug those errors. Most of the
time, it's about failing to get an AttributeType (which is null). The
cause might be that we are using a common schemaManager, initialized
during the setup phase, and that this SchemaManager is not correctly
iniialized, ot its content is modified. This is quite weird, because the
SchemaManager is supposed to be thread safe.

Bottom line, I do think we need to review the SchemaManager and check if
it's really thread safe...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com