directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-RC2 release
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2016 10:20:14 GMT
Hi,

  This is a vote for the second release candidate of the 1.0.0 LDAP
API/Shared, 1.0.0-RC2.

This is a bug fix release. Some of those bugs are critical and everyone
is invited to migrate to this version. The most important change is
the migration to MINA 2.0.16, which fixes a critical SSL issue.

Here is the list of fixed issues :

Bugs :
------

  * [DIRAPI-285 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-285>] -
    ModifyPassword extended operation incorrectly expects value in
    ModifyResponse
  * [DIRAPI-284 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-284>] -
    DateUtils throws an exception for certain timestamps
  * [DIRAPI-279 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-279>] -
    We are using hashcode over a set in some tests, this is not
    reliable
  * [DIRAPI-154 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-154>] -
    Implement "online" OpenLDAP schema parsing in DefaultSchemaLoader

Improvements :
--------------
  * [DIRAPI-283 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-283>] -
    We don't need to parse the DN when storing a name in the LDAP
    requests
  * [DIRAPI-207 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-207>] -
    Expose the underlying socket config

The revision :

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-RC2

The source and binary distribution packages:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/api/1.0.0-RC2

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1108/

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-RC2
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-RC2

Emmanuel

--
Regards,
Cordialement,