directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenJDK Security Group Q&A
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:25:56 GMT

> On Sep 22, 2016, at 9:56 AM, Steve Moyer <smoyer@psu.edu> wrote:
>
> So ... what other categories of classes would be useful?  The Apache Directory project
obviously maintains code that performs the same functions - wouldn't it be nice if the JDK
itself took over some of the low-level protocol code (especially where it already exists).
 If we collect a list in this email thread I'd be happy to pass it along.

I’m probably reaching here but how about a deprecation of jndi for the apache ldap api?
 This would require a decoupling of its naming from the directory features which should be
doable with the jigsaw.

Shawn