directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Studio M11 Windows Installer Test Result, was: Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 21:02:03 GMT
On 08/12/2016 08:37 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> On 08/11/2016 10:10 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>>> I tested the Windows 64bit installer. The start menu entry doesn't work,
>>> the shortcut is points to "C:\Program Files\Apache Directory
>>> Studio\Apache Directory Studio.exe" (note the spaces in the .exe) while
>>> the actual executable is called "ApacheDirectoryStudio.exe" without
>>> spaces. But direct execution of executable works fine.
>> Would it be enough to change this line :
>>
>>        <launcher name="ApacheDirectoryStudio">

>>        <launcher name="Apache Directory Studio">
>>
>> in the org.apache.directory.studio.product file to solve this issue ?
>
> Probably yes, but then also for Mac and Linux the executables include
> spaces, which should not be a problem.
>
> Another option would probably be to change the names in
> windows_installer.nsi (at least CreateShortCut)
>
> I choosed to write it without space to have consistent naming of the
> executable, the parent folder, and the archive (zip or tgz).

In http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1757922&view=rev I replaced all
occurrences of "Apache Directory Studio" with "ApacheDirectoryStudio"
(without spaces). Maybe one can try again to generate the Windows
installers? Probably the commit needs to be merged into the release
branch/tag. I'll test then again in my Windows VM.

Kind Regards,
Stefan