directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Kerby Remote KAdmin
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 21:48:31 GMT
Hi Shawn,

I don't have a deep dive in that, but I thought what's been going is to get it work first
in kerby remote client -> kerby admin server, in a protocol approach (XDR) aligned with
MIT Kerberos admin. After that effort will be made to get it work with MIT admin using kerby
admin client. Yan Yan is the major contributor but she had left the team so I'm not sure she
will keep the contribution or not. Another contributor Qing from the team is working on a
remote web UI interface at his willing.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: SHAWN E SMITH [mailto:ses44@psu.edu]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 10:14 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: Kerby Remote KAdmin

All,

We've been working on getting the protocol working against an MIT Kerb instance.  Based on
byte tracing in wireshark we think we're pretty close, but something is still not lining up
cleanly.  Has anyone else done a deep dive on this that may be able to provide some feedback
on what we're doing?  I'd like to find a good way to share what we're doing, but most of it
is outside of core kerby so I'm not sure where to put it for others to see it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans
can understand.
--Martin Fowler

Shawn Smith
Director of Software Engineering