directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio: qns on installation files
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 06:22:24 GMT
On 08/26/2016 01:33 AM, Sanu.X.Sebastian@healthnet.com wrote:
> Are batfile.bat and selfdel0.bat files are expected files as part of the
> installation process of Apache Directory Studio? Our InfoSec team detected
> suspicious behavior when we tried to install the Apache Directory studio on
> Windows 64 bit.

No, such files are not part of the official packages for Windows.

Where did you download the package from?

Did you verify the PGP signature of the downloaded package?

The official download page including instruction how to verify PGP
signature is
https://directory.apache.org/studio/download/download-windows.html and
currently there is only a zip archive, no "installer" available.

Kind Regards,
Stefan