directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Studio M11 Windows Installer Test Result, was: Creating partitions (Studio M10, ApacheDS 23)
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 18:37:02 GMT
On 08/11/2016 10:10 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 06/08/16 à 19:34, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>>> May I ask what is missing? Should I test the installers? I think we
>>> should rename the (espcially deb and dmg) to follow the same naming
>>> schema? Also if we have a dmg I guess the macosx.tar.gz is no longer
>>> required.
>> I tested the Windows 64bit installer. The start menu entry doesn't work,
>> the shortcut is points to "C:\Program Files\Apache Directory
>> Studio\Apache Directory Studio.exe" (note the spaces in the .exe) while
>> the actual executable is called "ApacheDirectoryStudio.exe" without
>> spaces. But direct execution of executable works fine.
> Would it be enough to change this line :
>
>        <launcher name="ApacheDirectoryStudio">

>        <launcher name="Apache Directory Studio">
>
> in the org.apache.directory.studio.product file to solve this issue ?

Probably yes, but then also for Mac and Linux the executables include
spaces, which should not be a problem.

Another option would probably be to change the names in
windows_installer.nsi (at least CreateShortCut)

I choosed to write it without space to have consistent naming of the
executable, the parent folder, and the archive (zip or tgz).

Kind Regards,
Stefan