directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M23 SNAPSHOT installers
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 11:30:01 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I set of to test the
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/apacheds/2.0.0-M23/apacheds-2.0.0-M23-SNAPSHOT-amd64.deb
on a fresh Ubuntu 16.04  with openjdk version "1.8.0_91".

Here are my findings:

   1. execute sudo wget
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/directory/apacheds/2.0.0-M23/apacheds-2.0.0-M23-SNAPSHOT-amd64.deb
   2.

   execute sudo dpkg -i apacheds-2.0.0-M23-SNAPSHOT-amd64.deb
   3.

   execute sudo apt-cache search apacheds to see what is added:

   libapache-directory-api-java - Apache Directory LDAP API

   libapache-directory-jdbm-java - ApacheDS JDBM Implementation

   libapacheds-i18n-java - Apache Directory Server (i18n)

   libapacheds-java - Apache Directory Server (Libraries)

   libapacheds-kerberos-codec-java - Apache Directory Server (Kerberos
   Codec)

   apacheds - LDAP Server
   4.

   No need to execute sudo apt-get install apacheds as step 2 already
   deployed the package (in /opt folder in my case).
   5.

   execute ./opt/apacheds-2.0.0-M23-SNAPSHOT/bin/apacheds console default
   to start up

My conclusion is:

the installer 64bit deb on Ubuntu 16.04 works like a charm.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services