directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixed, was : Re: Javadoc removal on production site :/
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:21:43 GMT

> On Jul 26, 2016, at 2:37 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I finally fixed the mess. All the Javadocs are back on line, including
> all the past versions.

No real harm fortunately.  Thanks for sticking with it and getting it cleaned up so quickly.

> On Jul 26, 2016, at 2:37 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> i'd like to clarify some points :
>
> * now, we keep 22 revisions of ApacheDS javadoc, 34 revisions for the
> API, 4 version for fortress, 7 versions for mavibot. There might be
> little reason to keep all the milestone versions. Maybe we can get rid
> of them, keeping only a tar.gz version instead ?
>
> wdyt ?

22 revisions of javadoc seems excessive to me, especially so when the source archives are
there and it can be generated at any time.

Not sure what the value is of keeping any of the backlevel javadocs.  The current release
is the most important to have available.  Perhaps we keep the last three years online for
historical purposes and to support our users until they upgrade to the latest.

Shawn