directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rethinking Mavibot...
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 12:29:17 GMT
Le 27/06/16 à 13:02, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> I really think the community need to think about this seriously because it regards how
the parent project would evolve in the long term. Lacking a strong and solid LDAP server backend,
it would shade our many efforts in other aspects. Considering we're lacking of enough hands
here and implementing a high reliability and performance in favor of modern hardware capabilities
would take lots of time, I strongly suggest we look at alternative options, and proceed in
much easier way.

Here is what I would suggest :

- LMDB is an obvious candidate if we want to use something that exists,
and which is proven to work.
- There are a coupld of existing bindings for LMDB :
https://github.com/deephacks/lmdbjni, https://github.com/chirino/lmdbjni
(which is 3 years old)
- We need to ensure that we have a build for Linux, Windows an MacOSX. A
project like https://github.com/deephacks/lmdb might help

We also need someone wanting to play around the idea.