directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rethinking Mavibot...
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:51:57 GMT
Le 27/06/16 à 12:33, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Yes, I agree. Is it possible to be a lightweight wrapper on top of the plugined DB enginene,
for example, we wouldn't need to support the transaction stuffs by ourselves?

No. Transaction has to be started explicitely from the LDAP layer, which
means either youhave to use a DB backend that support cross-B-trees
transactions or you have to implement it above the DB backend, which is
clearly not simple, and will not be simple.

> Is there any LDAP-centric engine already

There is no such thing.

> or allowing to do the mapping very directly?
The mapping is simple (kind of), as soon as you know how to use a
key-value store.

There is no magic involved.