directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Li, Jiajia" <jiajia...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Accept Scim contribution
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2016 01:17:11 GMT
+1

Regards,
Jiajia

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel L├ęcharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2016 7:45 AM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: [Vote] Accept Scim contribution

Hi guys,

two months ago, Shawn Smith wrote us to inform the Apache Directory project that he wanted
to contribute the project he is working on with Steve Moyer, Christopher Harm and Alex Haskell.

We have discussed about this proposal one month ago, but due to some highly busy agenda on
my side, I sadly forgot to start a vote (and I have to be frank : would have I started the
vote, I would not have had teh time to deal with the consequences of a positive vote). Now
that I'm done with teh API and ApacheDS releae, and my work on the API branch, my agenda has
cleared up.

So here is a formal vote for the integration of this project in the apache Directory project,
as a sub project. My opinion is that this would replace eSCIMo that has never been released,
unless Kiran decide otherwise. We would naturally use the existing eSCIMo project web-site
as a plcae-holder. One idea would also be that we could keep the eSCIMo name, or use SCIMple-Identity,
but it would be really up to the people to decide.

If we get a positive vote, we will then have to vote the 4 people who participated to the
code as committer - if they want to pursue their work, of course ! -.  But first, let's vote

[ ] +1, accept the SCIMple-Identity project as a subproject of Apache Directory

[ ] +/-0 No opinion

[ ] -1 : don't accept the SCIMple-Identity project.

For the record, the code base is available at https://github.com/PennState/SCIMple-Identity,
and it's already under a AL 2.0 license
(https://github.com/PennState/SCIMple-Identity/blob/develop/LICENSE)

Many thanks, and trully sorry fo rthe delayed vote !