directory-dev mailing list archives

From SHAWN E SMITH <se...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: [Vote] Accept Scim contribution
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2016 17:02:06 GMT
Hi Kai,

All fair questions. Our initial efforts in the SCIM spectrum was an offshoot of eSCIMo, with
the primary work being done by Steve Moyer. Once the spec was finalized we did a first principles
redesign in an attempt to make a fully compliant library implementation. This effort was to
support an identity system that we've built and are running. The identity system is built
out from many Apache directory components; Fortress for RBAC/ABAC, and the LDAP API to be
specific. We're watching the Kerby work anxiously because it will allow me to retire a C++
shim service I wrote for doing Kerberos administrative tasks.

I think the Directory project has all of the tools to build out a first class identity solution
and I'm hoping our SCIM implementation will be a natural fit to the existing tool set.

Thanks again for the consideration.

Shawn

"The programmer … works only slightly removed from pure thought-stuff.
He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating by exertion of the imagination."
— Fred Brooks

Shawn Smith
Director of Software Engineering
Administrative Information Services