directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0.0
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 08:24:07 GMT
Le 12/04/16 17:06, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
> Once again we vote for a release of Apache Directory Fortress core, realm, rest and web
components.  This version is 1.0.0 and a temporary tag has been created in git: ‘1.0.0'.

> The staging repo on Nexus:
> - core: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1091
> - realm: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1092
> - rest: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1093
> - web: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1094

Hi Shawn,

I'm currently testing the release.

There are things that are annoying :
- there are many source packages in
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1091/org/apache/directory/fortress/fortress-core/1.0.0/.
The only one that is useful is fortress-core-1.0.0-source-release.zip.
The fortress-core-1.0.0-sources.jar and fortress-core-1.0.0-tests.jar
packages are just noise, IMO.
- there are signed .asc files. This is an artefact created by the maven
gpg plugin, which is idiot and signs the asc signature. What I usually
do is to delete every .asc before maually signing the packages, in order
to cut the files being pushed to the repository to the bare minimum.

None of those two problems are blocker, but it would be great if we can
get them fixed in 1.0.1.

I'll come back later when I will have tested the packages.

Many thanks !