directory-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Moyer <smo...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Help with task: Fortress Doc Writers
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2016 19:11:55 GMT
Shawn,

I can do a case study on how we're using Fortress for the Friends of Penn State accounts (currently
3M users about 2M have one or more assigned roles).  We've could obviously generate a bunch
of "how-tos" from our experiments and from the final configuration we're using for our PSU
account roles and permissions.

Steve

“All the easy stuff’s been done…. We’ve got the wheel, fire, the TV clicker—what
else do you need?” - Dean Kamen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shawn McKinney" <smckinney@apache.org>
To: "Apache Directory Developers List" <dev@directory.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2016 2:02:45 PM
Subject: Re: Help with task: Fortress Doc Writers

> On Apr 16, 2016, at 11:24 AM, Ghassan Maslamani <ghassan.maslamani@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I would like to help out with the task listed at https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?c7e01e62

Ghassan,

Welcome!

Your timing is good as we could use help with the fortress project website:
https://directory.apache.org/fortress/

Specifically documenting more installation and configuration procedures such as we have here:
https://directory.apache.org/fortress/installation.html

Also need user guides that describe Fortress Rest and Web usages.  To proceed, you may subscribe
to the fortress list, fortress@directory.apache.org, and we will go from there.

Thanks,

Shawn