directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fortress] Release Status - Can't close staging repo
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 22:16:10 GMT

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 3:59 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> Yes, that server is now home.apache.org, and you can no longer ssh to
> it, only sftp is possible.

No problem there.

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 3:59 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> To access the server you first need to add your ssh pubkey to
> https://id.apache.org/

Yes actually the fingerprint of the pubkey.  Generated thusly:

# gpg --list-keys --fingerprint PUBKEYID

and then set to entry field on my profile on the server page.

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 3:59 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>
> For the previous Kerby release I used cmdline sftp like this (but there
> are also nice GUIs)
>
> $ sftp seelmann@home.apache.org
> mkdir public_html
> cd public_html
> mkdir kerby-1.0.0-RC2
> cd kerby-1.0.0-RC2
> put kerby-all-*-source-release.zip*

Stuck again.  Wondering if it takes a while for my fingerprint to propagate to the target
server?  (I’ll try again later.)

smckinn@ubuntu:~/GIT/fortressDev$ sftp smckinney@home.apache.org
Permission denied (publickey).
Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 3:59 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>

> PS: We have now outdated and different release process documentation for
> each subproject, one (tm) should (tm) unify them...

Agreed.  Many copies of the same doc is never good.  Which one wins?

Shawn