directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fortress] Problem generating the source release distro for the realm
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 02:17:49 GMT
One last update for today...

Other than the prob prev mentioned w/ the realm, the other packages (core,rest,web), are good.
 I downloaded and tested these:
http://home.apache.org/~smckinney/

wrt realm distro:
It must include both proxy and impl folders (together), along with their corresponding (3)
pom files, into a single downloadable and buildable package.  Should be easy to do.  Already
has a dist file:
https://github.com/apache/directory-fortress-realm/blob/master/src/main/assembly/distsrc.xml

Stepping back and I can say I've made pretty good progress learning how to release code the
apache way…. :-) Thanks for all the help,

Shawn

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 6:19 PM, Shawn McKinney <smckinney@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> another problem:
>
> When I perform this step:
>
> ------
> Step 6 : Build the Site
> $ cd target/checkout
> $ mvn site
> ------
>
> It does not create the release packages.
>
> in other words when I run this search from realm’s package root:
> find -name *source-release.zip*
>
> It comes up empty.
>
> There are -sources.jar’s underneath the /target folders, but I’m betting that ain’t
gonna cut it for a release.

> One red herring:
> I had to re-run the release for realm because I had inadvertently run mvn clean before
uploading.  This created yet another staging repo on nexus that I have yet to close.  I doubt
this had anything to do with this problem but worth mentioning.

> Two red herring:
> The mvn package structure is different for realm.  It has a parent pom and two children
(impl, proxy).  The children (should) each will have a source and binary dist packages.  The
binaries built fine, only the mvn site source release package creation failed.