directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0-RC42 (Take 2)
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 03:00:12 GMT

> On Mar 21, 2016, at 2:51 PM, Stefan Seelmann <mail@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:
>

> PS: Possible mprovements:
> * Update dependencies (e.g. Wicket 6.19->6.22|7.2 or Spring 4.0.0->4.2.5)
> * Automate instructions from quickstart / ten-minute-guide, e.g. using
> Docker

The upgrade to Wicket 7 requires some work as some of the interfaces have changed.  We have
an open ticket, just need to find the time.  The bump to 6.22 is doable as is going to Spring
4.2.5.

I’ve been thinking about a how-to using containers but have my work cut out for me before
taking it there.  The Penn State team have a 'fortress-in-a-box’ w/ Ansible which I is another
option to automate deployment of fortress and a directory impl.  To be honest I don’t have
a firm grasp of these two technologies which is why I’ve held back up to now.

Shawn