directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Fortress] Legal files cleanup (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Directory Fortress 1.0-RC42)
Date Sat, 19 Mar 2016 18:53:24 GMT
On 03/19/2016 07:25 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> Done for fortress-rest, please carefully review. I generally followed
>> [1] but also got inspiration from Syncope project as they also
>> distribute a web application with many dependencies.
>>
>> * Renamed file to the bare form (without .txt) as suggested in [1]
>>
>> * Source: LICENSE and NOTICE in the root folder only contain the AL2.0
>> and standard notice and are used for source release package. I assume
>> that for the Fortress source no additional notice is required?
>>
>> * Maven jars: LICENSE, NOTICE, and DEPENDENCIES are generated by Apache
>> Resource Bundles [2]. They have the same content as those in root
>> folder. I deleted the files from src/main/resources/META-INF.
>>
>> * WAR file: LICENSE and NOTICE file in src/main/webapp/META-INF/ are put
>> to WAR file, they include all the licenses of bundled 3rd party binary
>> dependencies.
>>
>> I can continue with fortress-web but not before the weekend.
>
> Done for fortress-web.
>
> I also fixed license header for jquery-ui.css, removed the ALv2 header,
> added MIT instead.

I also changed fortress-core and fortress-realm. I removed all 3rd party
licenses from lib folders and put the default NOTICE file.

I think the 3rd party licenses and additional notices are not required
because for these two projects we only distrbute the source which only
includes our own ALv2 sources, and the binaries based on the source. For
core and realm we don't distribute any package that includes any 3rd
party dependency.

Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Kind Regards,
Stefan