directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-valued RDN with same attribute allowed?
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:34:11 GMT
Le 22/02/16 21:02, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently looking into DIRSTUDIO-987. The latest comment shows an
> multi-valued RDN which uses the same attribute multiple times:
>
>     dn: l=eu + l=de + l=Berlin + l=Brandenburger Tor, ...
>
> Is that valid? Our Rdn class doesn't allow that. RFC 4512 section 2.3.1
> doesn't forbid that.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Stefan
Hmmm...

It's not that simple to implement. I can easily have the RDN accepting
multiple AVAs with the same type, but then we need to change the
equals() method :

        Rdn rdn1 = new Rdn( schemaManager, " cn = c + cn = b " );
        Rdn rdn2 = new Rdn( schemaManager, " cn = b + cn = c " );

        assertEquals( rdn1, rdn2 );

fails.