directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Cursor to implement Closeable
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 09:36:23 GMT
The proposed change makes sense to me. Then in new Java style, codes can be like: try (Cursor
c = Cursor.open(xxx)) {}.

But I don't know what close(Exception) method is for. Looks to me, close() throws IOException
is enough.

Regards,
Kai

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel L├ęcharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 4:21 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
Subject: Cursor to implement Closeable

Hi guys,

as suggested by Maxim, I have changed teh code so that our Cursor interface now extends Closeable.
It has some kind of huge impact on all our code, although it was not really a burden to take
car of that. I know have changed teh API and ApacheDS. Studio has to be changed too (I'll
do that this week-end).

The main impact is that the close() and close(Exception) methdos now throw IoException, so
it hs to be caught where those methods are called.
That's pretty much it.