directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M33 release
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2015 10:52:45 GMT
Le 18/12/15 11:14, Zheng, Kai a écrit :
> Thanks for the details. The encoding rules are actually much simplified and kerby-asn1
would be sure to be able to parse. The problem is I didn't find clear ASN1 definitions as
we found for Kerberos, PKINIT, CMS and X509. What's kerby-asn1 is good at is, starting with
a ASN1 defined type, the Java pojo/model class can be easily written and the class can be
inherently of encoding/decoding capabilities and can also be clearly dumped out. Below is
an example we did recently for CMS. It follows BER encoding, using indefinitive length. Without
clear ASN1 type definitions, kerby-asn1 would not be much more helpful than other ASN1 library
supports I'm afraid.

The RFC 4511 defines the full ASN.1 grammar for LDAP (at teh end).

You can also have a look at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/Ldap+ASN.1+Codec