directory-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject [Fortress] Time for a release?
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 16:14:17 GMT
Hello,

It has been some time since we’ve released fortress, over 8 months, and it has only core
and not the others.  Since that time there have been many enhancements and fixes that should
be made available.

I am proposing that we increase the frequency of releases to the apache directory fortress
sub-projects.  In the past, before moved to apache directory, we released around once a month.
 That is probably too frequent, but 5 or 6 times a year sounds about right to me.

That being said, I don’t believe a release means that everything is perfect in the code
base.  There are many things that fortress ‘should do’ but that must not get in the way
with having the best possible working code available for our community.

The problems we face: the only way to use (apache directory fortress) realm, rest and web
is by downloading source and building locally.

So what do you say - can we get the next full release done sometime in the next weeks?

Best

Shawn