directory-dev mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject OIDs with long integers
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 19:33:02 GMT
Hi,

Today I realized that there are some quite unusual OIDs out there, such as:

2.25.81407072025111374527560065493494091452

This is in fact UUID in an OID form, as specified in ITU-T X.667. The
trouble is that the API seems to assume that each OID arc can fit into
Java long (org.apache.directory.api.asn1.util.Oid:206). And this strange
OID obviously does not fit there.

It is not really a problem in relaxed mode as OID validation errors are
ignored there. But it might be a problem in strict mode. However, I'm
not really sure how to fix the code (switch to BigInteger instead of
long?). As I'm using relaxed mode I'm not really affected by this. But I
wanted to let you know that this might be a potential problem ...

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect