directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pawan Thakur <pa...@knowledgeflux.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Connecting to an Apache DS installed on a Ubuntu Server
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:10:23 GMT
Hello,

I have used apache DS on a Ubuntu Machine (Desktop) and was able to create connection using
Apache Studio and test my use case.

Right now I have a slightly different Environment and I am struggling how to get things going.

I have a Ubuntu Server (no GUI) where I installed Apache DS apacheds-2.0.0-M20. Now I have
started the default instance up using

sudo /etc/init.d/apacheds-2.0.0-M20-default start

and I assume it is started.

Now as I dun have GUI here I am trying to connect to this Server using Apache DS Installed
on my local machine and I am using the Ubuntu Host's IP to create the Connection but it is
failing to connect.
Reading config.ldif I can see a few ports like

ads-systemport: 80464

But doesn't makes much sense to me.

Can anyone please help me with how to make a connection and proceed for the environment I
have ?

Cheers,
Pawan