directory-dev mailing list archives

From Gerard Gagliano <gera...@prodentity.com>
Subject Re: A Java RADIUS Server
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:37:08 GMT
Emmanuel,

Thanks for your response.  I think you will see the server is a very nice fit for the Directory
ecosystem.  Perhaps there is a better way to discuss this than via email?

We have commitments over the next couple of weeks and will be unable to correspond much, however
I will go through the links you have provided and I’m sure come up with questions.

Also, we can arrange to share a Javadoc set with you privately until all the rules are satisfied.

Gerard

> On Aug 31, 2015, at 3:14 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Le 30/08/15 16:30, Gerard Gagliano a écrit :
>> Hello all,
>
> Hi Gerard,
>>
>> We would like to offer the Apache Directory Project a RADIUS server we have been
working on that is partially functional using a past generation FreeRadius dictionary.  The
software does not yet handle RFC extensions in the current FreeRadius dictionary, as well
as several other features of RADIUS.

>> The server is configured by reading these dictionary files.  It has an abstract backend
interface and should require very little effort to be connected to the Apache Directory Service.

>> We are not very familiar with LDAP storage schema, so that is the primary area where
we would expect to need some assistance.

>> The software cannot be considered ready for use, but with community input can be
ready quickly.

>> We will also need guidance on style, format, process and any legal issues regarding
transfer.

>> Please advise how can we start the process of submitting this work to the Apache
Software Foundation.