directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerby] IP Clearance
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:44:02 GMT
Le 28/08/15 04:57, Li, Jiajia a écrit :
> Hi Stefan,
> The IP clearance template[1] contains details of the IP Clearance process:
>
> 1. IP Clearance processing must be executed either by an Officer or a Member of the ASF.
If you are not an Officer or a Member, please contact your project chair who will find an
appropriate volunteer. Incubator karma is also required. Please request karma from the incubator
pmc if you do not have it.
> 2. (Optional) Commit an outline form, filling those parts which can be (at this stage).
> 3. A software grant must be provided to the ASF. This grant can either be done by the
ASF Corporate CLA (via Schedule B) or the traditional License Agreement. Acceptable methods
of sending the grant to the ASF includes:
>    snail-mail to the ASF office and/or ASF officer
>    FAXing to the ASF office and/or an ASF officer
>    Emailing the scanned document to secretary@apache.org and legal-archive@apache.org.
> 4. Receipt of the software grant form must be acknowledged by an Officer of the ASF by
recording in the correct file (grants.txt for a License Grant or cclas.txt for a Corporate
CLA). In most normal circumstances, the officer should be the ASF Secretary, who must be provided
a copy of the grant or CCLA in any case (if not originally sent or Emailed to him).
> 5. Note: the grant form must be acknowledged before continuing. If the source is referenced
by checksum in the grant, commit the canonical tarball for the donated code into the incubator
drop area (/repos/asf/incubator/donations) together with a checksum and a detached signature.
This will ensure that apache has a legal record of the grant.
> 6. Complete and commit the completed form.(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/ip-clearance/])
> 7. Post a message to general@incubator prefixed [IP CLEARANCE] asking for clearance to
be checked. Sign off is by lazy consensus so wait at least 72 hours for a -1.
> 8. Post a [RESULT] to close the thread and let the project know that the code has been
cleared for import.

> I think the 6, 7, 8 steps are should be done, but don't know whether 1-5 steps have been
done or not? Please give some advises, thanks.

1) Either Stefan, Kiran or me can deal with this.
2) same
3) This has to be done formally by Intel representatives. It's just
about signing a code donation (see )
4) That's a matter of a couple of days. On Apache plate anyways
5) Technicallities...

This is just a matter of a couple of days so better start doing it fast...