directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Assigning String to Text widget even if it's null
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2015 17:58:41 GMT
Le 04/08/15 19:18, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> That's ok from my side, but Kirans ideas also sounds good.

yes, but I have reviewed the places where we use Text, and using our own
subclass is not possible : we heavily depend on BaseWidgetUtils, that
creates the Text instances. Some of the helper methods are using the
FormToolkit to create the Text :

        Text integerText = toolkit.createText( parent, "" ); //$NON-NLS-1$

Changing that would have some huge impact all over the code, or we would
have to create a proxy. A bit complicated, IMHO.

OTOH, We could also limit the specific Text class to String, not to
Integers, but the pb remains : what if we inject a null value in a
Integer Text ?