directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Studio] Status
Date Sun, 02 Aug 2015 06:24:13 GMT
Hi guys,

a quick update.

Last week, I was working on the ACL editor. The existing code had some
issue, like we weren't able to switch from the visual editor to the
source editor, and the parser was called way too often. It took me some
time to understand the full logic, and I was able to cleanup the code a
bit. All in all, thanks to Stefan, we now only parse the ACL value twice
instead of 28 before, and two more times when we quit the dialog. IMO,
this is still too many but it's a progress.

I'll now attach the ACL dialog editor to the configuration.

In the process, folliwing a thread about code quality, I played a bit
with PMD on two projects : aciitemEditor and common core. I have fixed
many of the warnings, but it's hard to go down to 0. Actually, many
controversial rules have to be desactivated (some of them are giving
false positive). All in all, it's a good thing as it forced me to have a
loo, at some old code. I think we should continue project by project.

Any comments welcome !