directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Leveraging Kerby Kerberos library in ApacheDS
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 04:14:53 GMT
On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 6:49 AM, Zheng, Kai <kai.zheng@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m thinking about what would be next steps after Kerby 1.0.0 out. We
> originally discussed when Kerby is ready, we’ll replace existing Kerberos
> related codes to simplify the code base in ApacheDS. This will include both
> the server and the studio. I thought this is important for the parent
> project, IMHO, the code base with so many external dependencies is rather
> complicated to move on (checking styles etc.), and also not easy to use.
> For example, so many modules, just hard to figure out the combination when
> only need a part of it in my app.

once Kerby is matured enough then we can add a dependency on it in ApacheDS
and integrate.

The concern that I have at the moment is Kerby's configuration, The current
code base tries to support
 way too many configuration formats and I would like to see it support only
one format, well and complete.

I am fine if we plan to support MIT krb5.conf format in _addition_ to our
standard format
but having more than these two formats slows us down.

My personal preference would be to support JSON or YAML besides the
krb5.conf. And then we can add
 a GUI config editor in Studio easily.

Any thoughts?

--