directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to implement getIdentities(int start, int limit) more effectively
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 07:58:48 GMT
Hi Yaning,

  where in the server or client are we going to need this interface, iow,
can you describe the usecase
  that requires this getIdentities(s,l) method.

  (I just want to understand the need for this method before we dive into
implementing it)

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Xu, Yaning <yaning.xu@intel.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>

>         As we have discussed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRKRB-295 , IdentityService.getIdentities()
should be removed. However, to implement getIdentities(int start, int limit), which returns
a sorted result, I have to get all identities from the ldap server and then sort them. Is
it possible for the Ldap server to return a sorted result for the client connection?

> In [1], I see a test about Page Search on client side testPagedSearchWrongCookie(), and
it uses pagedSearchControl.setSize(3) to set the page size, the problem are:

>         *how can I get a search result based on the start index and pageSize, like I
may use getIdentities(int start, int limit) to return a result;

>         *how can I get a sorted result from the server, so that I don’t have to get
all the entries and then sort them to get the result;

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com