directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Leveraging Kerby Kerberos library in ApacheDS
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 05:27:27 GMT
>> once Kerby is matured enough then we can add a dependency on it in ApacheDS and integrate.
Is there any good sign in your view for the maturity? It looks reasonable, but should we wait
and do it then? I guess some pioneering work in ApacheDS side would be tried first.

>> The current code base tries to support way too many configuration formats and I would
like to see it support only one format, well and complete.
Well, kerby-config may attempt to support various formats, but in the main/Kerberos part,
only MIT format is used right now. I agree we may support a ‘standard’ format if krb5.conf
isn’t any good standard. In your view, what’s left to be complete? Writing or generating
of configuration file in a format? Or whatever?

>> And then we can add a GUI config editor in Studio easily.
Did you mean we need to generate a config file after some editing using the GUI tool? Kerby-config
module allows to load configuration items from a Java Map/Properties, which may work here.
I mean, the edited values can be stored in any form and then all the values can be loaded
in a map for config to use.

Regards,
Kai