directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [Studio] Inneficient loop while cliking on an Entry's value in the browser
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2015 23:10:03 GMT
I did a change here: http://svn.apache.org/r1692199

As you already found out whenever a value is selected in the entry
editor all the value editors (or better their proxy) are checked if they
are enabled. Within this isEnabled() check these two lines checked the
"current/best" editor if the value is editable. So in case the if the an
olcAccess attribute is selected the OpenLdapAclValueEditor was asked 28
times.

I think this check is not required, but maybe it is from the
SearchResultEditorCellModifier, I'm not totally sure. Let's first see
the Jenkins build result tonight.

Anyway, there is much room for improvement.

We call "IValueEditor.getRawValue() != null" very often just to find out
if the editor can handle a value.Getting the raw value is sometimes
cheap (just return a string as is) but sometimes quite expensive. Maybe
an additional "canHanlde()" method would help.

Kind Regards,
Stefan