directory-dev mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Re: 389 Directory Server support in API
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 08:35:24 GMT
On 07/14/2015 08:15 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to create an automated interoperability
> test suite for the LDAP API. At least for Open-Source LDAP servers
> (ApacheDS, OpenDJ, OpenLDAP, 389ds) is should be easy to create Docker
> images. There are Maven plugins [0] that start containers in
> pre-integration-test phase and stop it in post-integration-test phase.
> Runtime properties like port and credentials are then available as env
> variable. Currently I don't have time to try that out, so if anyone
> wants to give it a try do so :), otherwise I might look at it later.

We have something like this in the midPoint project. But we are not
using docker images. Just good old /etc/init.d and tar. It is primitive
but very efficient. It works well. However, it requires some effort to
maintain it as LDAP server versions change, etc. But I think it is worth
it anyway.

We are not testing LDAP API directly, but a complete stack midPoint ->
ConnId -> LDAP connector -> LDAP API -> LDAP server. So I do not think
that our setup would be reusable. Anyway, for anyone interested it is
here: https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/tree/master/testing/conntest

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect