directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: 389 Directory Server support in API
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 18:15:16 GMT
On 07/14/2015 03:05 PM, Radovan Semancik wrote:
> On 07/14/2015 02:26 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny wrote:
>> There are not that many LDAP servers out there we need to support :
>> - ApacheDS
>> - OpenLDAP
>> - i389
>> - AD
>> - IDS
>> - OID
>> - OpenDS
> - eDirectory (yes, this is still alive)
> - DSEE

First, I want to agree that the API should work with the most common
LDAP servers.

> I have reasonably good tests for basic operations on OpenLDAP, 389ds,
> OpenDJ. Those work. I have done some basic testing with eDirectory and
> DSEE. There were some issues with these, but I do not remember the
> details (chances are that the 389ds fix also fixed DSEE). I will have a
> closer look at eDir next month.

I wonder if it is possible to create an automated interoperability test
suite for the LDAP API. At least for Open-Source LDAP servers (ApacheDS,
OpenDJ, OpenLDAP, 389ds) is should be easy to create Docker images.
There are Maven plugins [0] that start containers in
pre-integration-test phase and stop it in post-integration-test phase.
Runtime properties like port and credentials are then available as env
variable.

Currently I don't have time to try that out, so if anyone wants to give
it a try do so :), otherwise I might look at it later.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[0] https://github.com/rhuss/docker-maven-plugin