directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pawan <pa...@knowledgeflux.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Virtual directory Server configuration
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 12:03:35 GMT
Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein@...> writes:

> Has it been tested against more recent Java version.
>

> Where are you seeing the java reference?  Works great with 1.7.  Haven't
tried 8 yet.

Hello,

I am trying to do same as what mentioned above by Siva.

I have my setup as Apache DS -> Application but I want Microsoft AD
Integrated as well.

So it will be like

Apache DS -- >
                MyVD -- > Application
MS AD     -- >

Reading through Documentation provided I was able to instal and deploy My VD
on my Linux Server.

But I am stuck after here as I dunno how to proceed now.

I want to do this  Guides -> Integrating Directories
and I can see that in the configuration file we have to set LDAP configs for
Apache DS and MS AD.

But I am not sure how to access MyVD ? Like

* It has a URI or an interface or a File ?  Ffrom where I can see what
configs I need to set in my application for it to listen to MyVD.

* Do I have to use a tool Like Jexplorer/ Directory Studio to create a new
connection and then use that in my application.

Would be a great help if some one can assist with further steps.

Thanks,
Pawan