directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Zheng, Kai" <kai.zh...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Kerby release
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 08:35:19 GMT
Sorry quite late to follow this.

Colm suggested the good approach and listed the right issues we need to address for the release.
It’s good to address them and consider the release now.

I have some questions first when considering the 1st release of Kerby.

1.       What version would we have for the release, some options from my view: 1.0, 0.1,
or 1.0-M1 and so on. I saw we just released Apache Directory Server 2.0.0-M20, would Kerby
project follow this style or otherwise? M20 looks too long for a major release IMHO.

2.       What’s the artifacts we would have for the release? How about:

1)      JARs (to be published): Client side Kerberos library in a jar; KDC side Kerberos library
in a jar; Kerby facilities (Netty, LDAP, Zookeeper backends and so on) in a jar

2)      Kerby KDC distribution installation packages, a tar (client side tools, server side
services and tools, conf, doc and etc.)

3.       Would anyone take and help with the release?

Thanks for thinking about this.

Regards,
Kai

From: Colm O hEigeartaigh [mailto:coheigea@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 7:01 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: Kerby release

That timeline seems fine to me. What I suggest is to create a new version in the DIRKRB JIRA,
and start assigning issues that must be fixed by the first release to it. Other issues can
leave the "fix for" version blank. From what I've seen so far of the project, the following
are essential:
a) Sort out not-yet-commons-ssl dependency (perhaps this could be left out altogether for
the first release)
b) Resolve all issues surrounding code copied into Kerby from other projects (I think I've
seen a few comments that indicate this)
c) Support UDP in the transport handlers
d) More robust error handling in the transport handlers
e) More extensive interop testing with other APIs/KDCs
Colm.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Zheng, Kai <kai.zheng@intel.com<mailto:kai.zheng@intel.com>>